Sunday, September 1, 2013

Makeup of the Night


Sice I went out with some of my friends last night, I figured I would write up a post about the makeup I wore. Now, I must say that the lighting wasn't fantastic in my room, so in real life the makeup is more "vibrant." I'll work on getting better lighting next time!

First and foremost, my primer of choice was the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer which I have now officially declared my all time favorite. Oh the things I would do for this primer, especially coming from  someone who has oily skin and issues with makeup lasting, this product allows my makeup to last ALL DAY. Yep you heard it right, though I do tend to blot once just for comforting purposes. The only complaint I have about this product is that it has an SPF 15 which I hate in base products because they always cause a flashback in photos, but the thought of using another primer actually frightens me so I just deal with it for now. 

Next up, I used my holy grail foundation: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I mixed 1/3 B20 and 2/3 B40 for my perfect shade). When I first tried out this foundation two years ago, it lasted about two hours on my skin, however now with a much improved skincare routine and my beloved hourglass primer I can happily wear this medium coverage foundation. The finish is what makes this product so beautiful and the scent is heavenly as well. Once again this has an SPF 15 which is really annoying, but if you're looking for a foundation that looks great in photos then I highly recommend the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation. As a concealer, I used my sample of the YSL Touche Eclat.

I Finished off the base with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light which i've been using every day and ignored for the longest time because I never thought I would end up liking it, but its amazing...future blog post to come! Then I used the amazing Kevyn Acoin Sculpting Powder in Medium and my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer which I LOVE. I actually prefer this to NARS Laguna because I find the Too Faced to be more brown and matte, where as Laguna is more yellow/golden and has shimmer. It also does a better job at sculpting and looks more natural. Then I used NARS Depp Throat for blush and Dior Amber Diamond as a highlight.

Eyes: NYX Eyebrow pencil in Taupe
I used Too Faced Shadow insurance followed by NARS eyeshadows in Galapagos, Surabaya (both shades in the duo), Alahambra (lighter shade), and I used the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black Ink followed by my Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara which I have now declared is the best mascara ever AND people always ask if i'm wearing false eyelashes when i'm wearing this mascara which is just awesome.

Las but not least I used my Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in Plum Jam.

xo Tiff


No comments:

Post a Comment