Thursday, June 6, 2013

Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer 



A couple of months ago Sephora had their 15% off any purchase offer to all VIB members. What does this lead to? Me, a mug of fresh coffee (with hazelnut creamer, my FAVORITE) and the Sephora website  all enjoying each others company on a Friday evening (yep, that's my idea of a perfect date).  I was running quite low in the moisturizer department and could not resist myself when I saw that one of my favorite skincare brands had come out with a new moisturizer that paired up with their famous eye cream. On the website it claims to be oil-free and instantly hydrate dull skin. The Panax Ginseng and coffee bean are the ingredients that are added to help "waken up" the skin and achieve a bright, healthy glow. 

My first impression was quite good actually, I was impressed. My complexion did appear brighter and I found myself to enjoy reaching for this product in the mornings. It's a gel textured moisturizer which I generally don't like because I find they don't sink into the skin fast enough and feel tacky. This, however, is an exception because it does indeed sink into the skin quite fast allowing me to comfortably apply my makeup over top. Although I do have combination-oily skin, I absolutely despise moisturizers that don't hydrate enough because all this does is give me a tight face that becomes even more oily throughout the day. I thankfully did not have this problem with the Origins GinZing moisturizer, however if you have SUPER dry skin then I don't think it would provide enough hydration. The scent is beautiful, think of freshly squeezed orange juice on a Summer Morning. With the price tag coming out at $26.50 (which is really affordable compared to other Origins Products), I think this is a great option for anyone with normal to oily skin looking for a brightening, morning moisturizer.

 But wait, there's more! I've started to notice that this moisturizer remind me A LOT of one I used to use in the past by Avalon Organics in the Vitamin C range called the Rejuvenating Oil-free moisturizer. From what I remember, these two products are very similar in that they both brighten the skin and provide good hydration for normal to oily skin (the scents are identical as well). If you are on a budget, then you can find this Avalon Organics moisturizer in a bright orange container at most grocery stores, Target, and I would assume at a drug store!

xo Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment